10 Most Frequently Asked Questions…and Answers!
1. Is Gardner Moving licensed and insured? Yes! We are licensed to do moves in Pennsylvania as well as Interstate moves. Gardner Moving meets all insurance requirements for liability, cargo, and workers compensation.
2. How long in advance should I call to arrange for my move? Generally, you should call 4-6 weeks in advance to give yourself adequate breathing room and to make sure the mover can fit you into their schedule. However, if you’re in a bind, give Gardner Moving a call. We’ll help if at all possible!
3. Does Gardner Moving give free estimates? Absolutely! Click here for a free general estimate or call us at 412-257-4443 to arrange for a visit from one of our moving specialists, and a more complete detailed estimate (or request a visit).
4. Is there anything Gardner Moving cannot move? Yes. Law requires that we NOT transport propane, gasoline, kerosene, or any flammable items. Guns, ammunition, and open liquids are also prohibited.
5. What happens with my move in case of rain, snow, or otherwise bad weather? Gardner Moving will always honor our moving commitments, if humanly possible. Bad weather may slow down a job, but rest easy: Gardner Moving will take precautions to protect your floor and carpets as well as all of your precious items that are being moved.
6. Can items be left in dresser drawers? Yes, if the items are soft cloth material.
7. Does Gardner Moving offer Packing? Yes we do. We can pack an entire household, offices, a single room, or just a single painting.
8. Can I do my own packing? Certainly! Don’t forget to ask us for answers to all of your “how-to-pack” questions! Gardner Moving offers a complete array of boxes and moving materials, and we can arrange delivery to you of those supplies.
9. What payment types are accepted by Gardner Moving? Local: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Personal Check, Certified Check, Cash. Interstate (over 40 miles): Certified Check or Cash, Credit Cards accepted with a 3% service charge.